Prof. Andrea Riccardo Genazzani
Andrea Riccardo Genazzani, MD, PhD, HcD, FRCOG, FACOG
Born in Florence in 1942, he attained his M.D. from Siena University in 1966 cum laude.
He completed his residences in Gynecology and Obstetrics, and in Endocrinology and Metabolism Disorders.
– In 1972, he received the PhD in Clinical Biochemistry at Lausanne University.
– Since 1969 Assistant at the University of Siena.
– From 1972 he relocated to the Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the University in Cagliari and from 1973 he was nominated Senior Assistant.
– From 1977 he relocated to the University of Siena as Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
– In 1980 he was awarded as Full Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and nominated Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cagliari.
– From 1° November 1982 he was nominated Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the University of Modena
– since 1994 up to 15/02/2012 he become Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the University of Pisa.
– In 1994 he was awarded with the Honoris Causa Laurea by the University of Wroclaw in Poland,
– in 2005 by the University “Ovidius” of Constanta in Romania,
– in May 2007 by the University of Bucharest in Romania and
– in February 2009 by the University of Athens in Greece
– in October 21st 2011 he was entitled Professor Emeritus of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russian Federation
Prof. Genazzani is:
• President of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE)
• President of the European Society of Gynecology (ESG)
• General Secretary of the International Academy of Human Reproduction (IAHR)
• Chairman of the FIGO Working Group on Post Reproductive Health (FIGO-WGPRH)
• Fellow ad eundem of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
• Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
• Honorary Member of several National Societies of Gynecology , Obstetrics and Endocrinology
• Editor-in-Chief of Gynecological Endocrinology since 1987
• Author of more than 840 papers in peer reviewed journals and Editor more than 45 books